Updated: Mar 25, 2019
Yield 20 biscuits, 4oz each
All Purpose Flour 6.5 cups
Salt 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp
Granulated Sugar ¼ cup
Baking Powder 2 tbsp.
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Unsalted Butter, cold 1 ¾ cup
Milk 1 ½ cups
Buttermilk 1 ½ cups
Method of prep:
1. Sift together the dry ingredients
2. Cut in the butter (using a cheese grater to shred the cheese works brilliantly)
3. Add the milk and stir, combining only until the mixture holds together
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface; knead until it forms a mass (about 2-3 turns)
5. Roll out the dough to a thickness of ½ inch. Cut biscuits with a floured cutter and place on a parchment paper lined sheet tray. Make sure the biscuits butt-up against each other, as the biscuits will help each other rise!
6. Bake at 400 degrees until the tops are light brown, about 10-12 minutes. Don’t be afraid to pop one open to make sure they are done inside.